Monday, July 28, 2008

Xfterm4 Problem (Solved)

I got this warning in Xfterm4 due to unknown reason:

WARNING: terminal is not fully functional (press RETURN)

when I run more, less or CTRL-L and some other commands in Xfterm4. With some googling effort, I don't seem to find the solution. All I know that this must be terminal setting problem. I went to check every terminal related setting and I found that by replacing
~/.config/Terminal/terminalrc
with one from the other login, everything back to normal again.
Post a Comment

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just as a note, I encountered this and compared my terminalrc file to the known-good replacement. There were a few legitimately different settings, but the bad file also had these two lines:

Term=
WordChars=

I didn't bother testing, but I suspect that the first is to blame.